I was at my third college by the time I graduated. A tumultuous youth, with too many interests, delayed my graduation date. But it was at Chapman U. that I discovered Advertising, and finally found a major that was not only analytical and strategic but equally required a healthy dose of creativity.
I loved developing AD campaigns, the research, position strategy, content development, design, the media outlets; it was like going into battle. And I went from being an average student to graduating top of class and top of the school.
Inspired and eager to put this newfound passion to work, I quickly landed a job at Girard Systems in Irvine, CA. I built their first website, designed and wrote all their AD collateral, was the resident photographer, managed their trade shows, and helped with their technical documents. I was basically a one-person agency, and I loved it!
This experience laid the foundation for my big move to the east coast, where I was self-employed in Boston for six years. When it was finally time to come home to California, I had a short stay in Seattle were I discovered SEO in the mid-2000s. I quickly recognized its value and convinced my client at the time Navin Haffty, to hire me to optimize the site I had built for them. They soon were in the number one slot for "Meditech consultants," and I watched their business grow exponentially.
Once I returned home to southern California, I found my way into a management position at IEHP, where I oversaw the in-house marketing team. See my full resume here.
Over the past decade, I've seen web design and digital marketing evolve dramatically. But most importantly, I recognize the power of keeping up with SEO. My experience with building sites, metrics, appropriate branding, content development, research, and strategy development, has brought me to a big picture understanding; I aim to:
• Drive marketing and communication channels to support customer & patient engagement and retention.
• Develop KPI's and identify metrics to analyze and improve the customer journey and sales funnel activities.
• Establish, monitor, analyze analytical data to identify web performance, social interactivity, campaign performance, and general audience engagement to improve messaging and ongoing SEO efforts.
• Collaborate and synthesis with all C-suite leadership to analyze and refine sales operations to support business development strategies.
• Spearhead content development that is both informational and action driven by synthesizing business offerings/strengths/purpose.
• When necessary, activate and own any paid adverting initiatives to expand exposure at local, national, or global levels.
• Seek relevant partnerships and marketing opportunities to expand penetration.
• Partner or contract with PR agencies to improve Google ETA and SEO efforts.
• Develop budget/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure of core business offerings.
• Assure marketing communications adhere to any regularity compliance mandates
Crafting a strategically fit digital marketing campaign is more than my job; it's a form self-actualization.